These papers and presentations describe the underlying methods of Pixcavator or its uses:
- P. Saveliev, A graph, non-tree representation of the topology of a gray scale image, Proceeding of SPIE, Vol. 7863, 2011, page.
- J. Meyer, A. Pahwa, and P. Saveliev, Image analysis for high content screening with cellAnalyst, IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, June 2009.
- P. Saveliev, Topology based method of segmentation of gray scale images, International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition, pp. 620-626, 2009.
- P. Saveliev and A. Pahwa A., A topological approach to cell counting, Workshop on Bio-Image Informatics: Biological Imaging, Computer Vision and Data Mining, 2008, Center for Bio-Image Informatics, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA, USA, January 17-18, 2008.
- P. Saveliev, Topology based method of partition, analysis, and simplification of dynamical images, US patent application, August 2006, App. No. 20070036434.
Keep in mind that the material of these publications is included, or will soon be included, in this site.