What a successful installation looks like
This is what you see when you are installing Pixcavator for the first time on a given computer. Keep in mind that this is a trial version.
If you purchased Pixcavator before July 1, 2011
In this case the version that you have is below 6, such as 5.1. The activation and purchasing process that you used is fully described here.
Potential problems and possible remedies are described below.
This is what you see when you are trying to install Pixcavator on a computer after the trial period has expired:
In that case, proceed to the purchase page.
There may be technical issues with registration and installation of Pixcavator. The following may present a problem:
- improperly configured firewall;
- a public computer without administrative privileges.
- try to right-click on the icon to "run as administrator" (more below);
- consult your system administrator.
One possible problem may be that your User Account Control settings are blocking the activation step. Please use the following workaround:
Try right clicking the program shortcut and selecting Run as administrator for the activation step. If this is not an option; follow these steps:
For Windows 7:
- Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Action Center .
- Click on User Account Control settings link.
- Slide the slider bar to the lowest value (towards Never Notify), with description showing Never notify me.
- Click OK to make the change effective.
- Restart the computer to turn off User Access Control.
- Activate your software
- After the activation is successful, you can re-enable your UAC
For Windows Vista:
- Click Start and then open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Clear the tick or check mark on the box beside the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option.
- Click OK.
- When prompted, restart the computer. Note that the changes will affect all users on the computer.
- Activate your software
- To enable the UAC, simply tick or select the checkbox again.
Also make sure that Pixcavator's system requirements are satisfied.
Before asking for help, please consider the fact that activation for Pixcavator is done for us by another company specializing in these issues while we have no control over the process. The name of this company is Protexis Inc.. If everything fails, please visit their support site to request assistance.