Publications that use Pixcavator
Pixcavator is not only "as simple as a calculator", it's also as universally applicable as a calculator. It is not designed for any particular field of science or a particular type of images. It's based on math and math only. That's what makes Pixcavator as broadly used as it is. Just look at the journal titles below (in bold)!
These publications, that I am aware of, used Pixcavator and cellAnalyst as a tool and specifically give credit to our software:
- Amalia Vlad, Pierre-Antoine Deglesne, Remi Letestu, Stephane Saint-Georges, Nathalie Chevallier, Fanny Baran-Marszak, Nadine Varin-Blank, Florence Ajchenbaum-Cymbalista, and Dominique Ledoux, Down-regulation of CXCR4 and CD62L in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Cells Is Triggered by B-Cell Receptor Ligation and Associated with Progressive Disease, Cancer Research 69, 6387, August 15, 2009.
- R. Skudasa, B.A. Grimesb, M. Thommescand K.K. Ungera, Flow-through pore characteristics of monolithic silicas and their impact on column performance in high-performance liquid chromatography, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 1216, Issue 13, 27 March 2009, Pages 2625-2636.
- Marziale Milani, Claudio Savoia, Claudia Brundu, Francesco Tatti, and Grazia Santisi, Cell metal segregation and ultramicroscopy techniques: towards mammalian liver pathologies characterization, Proceedings of ITP2009 Interdisciplinary Transport Phenomena VI: Fluid, Thermal, Biological, Materials and Space Sciences, October 4-9, 2009, Volterra, Italy.
- Marziale Milani, Davide Bigoni, and Claudio Savoia, Electron mirroring: control of electron transport and understanding of physical processes from SEM images, Proceedings of ITP2009 Interdisciplinary Transport Phenomena VI: Fluid, Thermal, Biological, Materials and Space Sciences October 4-9, 2009, Volterra, Italy.
- Nalin Mehta, Evaluation of choroidal circulation using collapsed c-scan imaging (poster), Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), 2009.
- J. Meyer, A. Pahwa, and P. Saveliev, Image analysis for high content screening with cellAnalyst, IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, June 2009.
- E. Kadossov and U. Burghaus, Adsorption dynamics of CO on silica supported gold clusters: cluster size effects in molecular beam scattering experiments, Catalysis Letters, Volume 134, 3-4, 228-232, 2010.
- Valeria Verdinelli, Paula V. Messina, Eduardo N. Schulz, Daniel Salinas, Bruno Vuano, and Pablo C. Schulz, The effect of the hydrocarbon–water interface structure on the behavior of an emulsion stabilized with dodecanephosphonic acid, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 367 (2010) 1–6.
- Tomasz K. Goral, Matthew P. Johnson, Anthony P.R. Brain, Helmut Kirchhoff, Alexander V. Ruban, and Conrad W. Mullineaux, Visualizing the mobility and distribution of chlorophyll proteins in higher plant thylakoid membranes: effects of photoinhibition and protein phosphorylation, The Plant Journal, Volume 62, Issue 6, pages 948–959, June 2010.
- R. Raiszadeh, and W.D. Griffiths, The behaviour of double oxide film defects in liquid Al alloys under atmospheric and reduced pressures, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 491, Issues 1-2, 18 February 2010, Pages 575-580.
- R. Raiszadeh, and W.D. Griffiths, The effect of holding liquid aluminum alloys on oxide film content, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society and ASM International, 2010.
- Ndeke Nyirenda, Daniel L. Farkas, and V. Krishnan Ramanujan, Preclinical evaluation of nuclear morphometry and tissue topology for breast carcinoma detection and margin assessment, Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, February 2010.
- Eman Abdelzaher, Ibtesam AbdelReheem, Madiha Hassan, Aml Abd-Elhameed, and Dalia Kamal, Effects of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, peroxisome proliferators activated receptor γ agonists, and statins on a rat model of hypertension, Bulletin of Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Vol 46, No 3 (2010).
- DSVGK Kaladhar and Siva Kishore Nandikolla, Antimicrobial studies, biochemical and image analysis in mirabilis jalapa, International Journal Of Pharmacy&Technology, Sep-2010, Vol. 2, Issue No.3, 683-693.
- Grainger, Deborah; Tavelis, Christodoulos; Ryan, Alexander; Hinchliffe, Katherine, Involvement of phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in the L6 myotube model of skeletal muscle, Pflügers Archiv European Journal of Physiology, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Biomedical and Life Sciences, Pages 1 - 10. Doi: 10.1007/s00424-011-1008-4
- Andres Salcedo, Angel Del Valle, Barbara Sanchez, Victor Ocasio, Amaury Ortiz, Pedro Marquez, and Dimuth Siritunga, Comparative evaluation of physiological post-harvest root deterioration of 25 cassava (Manihot esculenta) accessions: visual vs. hydroxycoumarins fluorescent accumulation analysis, African Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 5(22), pp. 3138-3144, 18 November, 2010.
- DSVGK Kaladhar, Studies and affects on biospere due to spiderdegrading fungi, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, Volume 6, Issue 1, January – February 2011.
- Felix N. Okonta and S. G. Magagula, Railway Foundation Properties of Some South African Quarry Stones, The Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Volume 16  Bundle A, pp. 179-197.
- Dharmendra K. Maurya, Nivedita Nandakumar, and Thomas Paul Asir Devasagayam, Anticancer property of gallic acid in A549, a human lung adenocarcinoma cell line, and possible mechanisms, Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 2011 January; 48(1): 85–90.
- Douglas Blackiston, Dany S. Adams, Joan M. Lemire, Maria Lobikin, and Michael Levin, Transmembrane potential of GlyCl-expressing instructor cells induces a neoplastic-like conversion of melanocytes via a serotonergic pathway, Disease Models and Mechanisms, 2011 January; 4(1): 67–85.
- Liping Qiao, Brice Kinney, Jerome Schaack, and Jianhua Shao, Adiponectin Inhibits Lipolysis in Mouse Adipocytes, Diabetes, March 23, 2011.
- L.S. Jiao, E.Y.K. Ng, L.M. Wee, and H.Y. Zheng, Role of volatile liquids in debris and hole taper angle reduction during femtosecond laser drilling of silicon, Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing, DOI 10.1007/s00339-011-6374-4.
- Abdeen, S.H., Idiotype/Anti-idiotype immunoregulatory network correlates with an improved clinical outcome of Schistosomiasis mansoni in humans, Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 2011, Volume: 14, Issue: 6, 375-384.
- Jasper J. Michels, Albert J. J. M. van Breemen, Khurram Usman, and Gerwin H. Gelinck, Liquid phase demixing in ferroelectric/semiconducting polymer blends: An experimental and theoretical study, Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, 2011, DOI: 10.1002/polb.22289.
- DSVGK Kaladhar, Siva Kishore Nandikolla, D. Govinda Rao, Sreenu Barla, V. Narasinga Rao, Evaluation of pollen and meiosis viability by image analysis in mirabilis jalapa l., International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research, Vol 1, Issue 2, June, 2010, pp 60-68.
- Li, S., Guz, N. V. and Sokolov, I., A modified in vitro stripping method to automate the calculation of geometry of corneocytes imaged with fluorescent microscopy: example of moisturizer treatment, Skin Research and Technology, no. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0846.2010.00487.x
- Ardekhani, Arash; Raiszadeh, Ramin; Removal of Double Oxide Film Defects by Ceramic Foam Filters, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Springer New York, Chemistry, 1 - 11, Doi: 10.1007/s11665-011-9991-3.
- L.S. Jiaoa, E.Y.K. Nga, L.M. Weeb, H.Y. Zhengb, The effect of assist liquid on the hole taper improvement in femtosecond laser percussion drilling. Physics Procedia, Volume 19, 2011, Pages 426-430, International Conference on Optics in Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology (ICOPEN 2011), doi:10.1016/j.phpro.2011.06.187
- Giuseppe Romano, Marcus Nagle, Dimitrios Argyropoulos, Joachim Müller, An innovative laser-based optical technology to predict moisture content and color of Bell pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) during drying, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 2011 Louisville, Kentucky, August 7-10, 2011.
- Dimitrios Karypidis, Despina Perrea, Othon Papadopoulos and Alkiviadis Kostakis, The Effect of Human Recombinant Erythropoietin (rHuEPO) and Tacrolimus (FK506) in Autologous and Homologous Full Thickness Skin Graft (FTSG) Take and Viability in a Rat Model, Skin Grafts - Indications, Applications and Current Research, ISBN 978-953-307-509-9, August 2011.
It is understandable that there aren't more academic references. Pixcavator is like a calculator and you don't give credit to Texas Instruments every time you push a few buttons...
Some details of some of these papers:
- Cell metal segregation and ultramicroscopy
- Leukemia cells
- Flow-through pore diameters
- Control of electron transport
- Ophthalmology diagnosis
- Micropallet arrays
- Corneas of rats
- Evaluation of quality of seeds
- Cluster size effects in molecular beam scattering
- Phase transition of petroleum
- Mobility and distribution of chlorophyll proteins
- The behaviour of double oxide film defects in liquid Al alloys
- Breast carcinoma detection
- Immunohistochemical detection in a study of hypertension
- Antimicrobial study of a medicinal plant
- Transversal section of a root
- Fungi kill spiders
- Properties of stones for railway foundation
- Anticancer property of gallic acid
- Bioelectrical signals control stem cell progeny
- Geometry of corneocytes imaged with fluorescent microscopy
Note: Dear authors, I would greatly appreciate if you both acknowledge the use of the software: "Pixcavator by Intelligent Perception", and cite one of my papers, most likely this one:
- P. Saveliev, A graph, non-tree representation of the topology of a gray scale image, in Image Processing: Algorithms and Systems IX, edited by Jaakko T. Astola, Karen O. Egiazarian, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 7870 (SPIE — The International Society for Optical Engineering, Bellingham, WA 2011) 78700O, O1-O19.
Links to this site will also be greatly appreciated. You can also get a free license...
- Preliminary stages for integrated text and line drawing information extraction from Air Force Research Laboratory.
- Monitoring the role of biofilm biopolymers against disinfectants in water distribution systems by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).
- Cell Phone Microscopy from University of California, Riverside, Department of Bioengineering
- Iván Carrera, Valter R.M. Lombardi, Ignacio Etcheverría, Enrique Martínez, Rafael Chacón, Ramón Cacabelos, Prevention of colitis experimentally induced chronic by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS) in mice treated with FR-91.
- Armen R Kherlopian, Ting Song, Qi Duan, Mathew A Neimark, Ming J Po, John K Gohagan and Andrew F Laine, A review of imaging techniques for systems biology, BMC Systems Biology 2008, 2:74.
- Kees Straatman, Quantitative Fluorescence Microscopy Based Screening
- Ali Masmali, Christine Purslow, Paul J Murphy, Tear ferning test: a new grading scale, (poster) European Academy of Optometry and Optics, Prague, 2011.
- Charles D. Kopec, Amanda C. Bowers, Shraddha Pai, Carlos D. Brody, Semi-automated atlas-based analysis of brain histological sections, Journal of Neuroscience Methods, Volume 196, Issue 1, 15 March 2011, Pages 12-19. doi:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2010.12.007
Learn how to use Pixcavator!