Calculus with Analytic Geometry III -- Spring 2012
MTH 231 - Calculus with Analytic Geometry III. Vectors, curves, and surfaces in space. Derivatives and integrals of functions of more than one variable. A study of the calculus of vector-valued functions. PR: MTH230. 4 hours.
- Time and Place: 5:00 - 5:50 pm MTWR at 513 Smith Hall.
- Instructor: Peter Saveliev (call me Peter)
- Office: 742D Smith Hall
- Office Hours: MW 2:30 - 4:30, or by appointment
- Office Phone: x4639
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Class Web-Page: math02.com
- Prerequisites: Calculus 2
- Text: Calculus by Stewart, Chapters: 10, 12-16.
- Goals: Calculus in dimension 2 and 3: parametric curves, functions of several variables, line, surface, and volume integrals, some vector calculus
- Grade Breakdown:
- quizzes: 40%
- midterm: 25%
- final exam: 35%
- Letter Grades: A: 90-100, B: 80-89, C: 70-79, D: 60-69, F: <60
See also Course policy.
They will appear here as the course progresses.
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 12a
- Chapter 12b
- Chapter 13a
- Chapter 13b
- Chapter 14a
- Chapter 14b
- Chapter 14c
- Chapter 14d
- Chapter 14e
- Chapter 15a
- Chapter 15b
- Chapter 16a
- Chapter 16b
Midterm, March 12: all sections up to 14.4 -- Calculus 3: midterm
Tests from previously taught classes: